Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fukuoka-Axis Japan



Yes!  I just booked my ferry tickets for Fukuoka, Japan.  I will be in Japan from February 8th until February 12th.  I love going to Japan and every visit is a real pleasure.  In fact, my plan after finishing grad school is to maybe move to Japan.  I can't say enough good things about Fukuoka.  It's a beautiful city, and the people are very friendly (just like most of the country).  I've been twice before:  once to receive my Korean visa and another time for vacation (my last vacation in Japan was for three weeks). 

                               Korean embassy in Fukouka-대-한-민-국!

Also, I will get to visit Axis Fukuoka again!  The gym instructor and owner is Takeshi Kanda.

                                                     Glam shot

I had the pleasure of training with Mr. Kanda about a year and a half ago.  He was very warm and friendly, and I really dug his teaching style.  In fact, Mr. Kanda is a pretty small guy and just a little bigger than I am, so his style appeals to me very much.  Rolling with him was funny, because every time I would go into reverse DLR his eyes would get all big and he would let out a, "ooooh".  He had a smile on his face pretty the entire time.  For example:

                               Look at him toying with me

   Axis Fukuoka http://www.axisfukuoka.com/english.html

I have trained at several gyms in Japan, and it has always been a really cool experience. 

                                            Paraestra Chiba City, Tokyo

                               Paraestra Tokyo

I can't wait. 

   A peaceful protest in Fukuuoka the last time I was there in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment