Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Team MAD training


If I was to describe myself in one word, I'd say "sleeper".  If I have a chance to sleep in, I will always take it.  Chores, grocery shopping, studying for the GRE; these things are not more important than sleep.  I've come up with the theory that I must have been a cat in my past life.  I'm moody, I love to sleep, and I require lots of attention.   

Today, I had the day off, so decided to go train at Team MAD here in Busan.  I wanted to go so badly, that I decided to pass on my beloved extra sleep and wake my butt up at, gasp....11:00 a.m.!  Anyway, last time I went, it was a real pleasure:

I made it to the gym at 2:00 p.m. with intentions of making the club's daily pro training.  There was one slight problem, though.  It was closed!  My friend Tom and I decided to get some coffee.  After a few minutes, I saw the owner walk by with his wife.  I went outside to talk to him.  He laughed and said, "Come back at 7:30 p.m.".  As Tom and I were having coffee, we ran into Tom's friend Jade (Team MAD fighter) who just won her first pro MMA fight in Japan at Jewels-22nd Ring.



We talked for awhile, and then Tom and I went to get some lunch.  I came back later that night, and had a good time.  This time, I was not sliding around in pools of my own sweat, so I actually got to do some BJJ. 



                               Jo "Crazy" Nam-jin (조남진)

                               Team MAD owner Master Yang (사부님 양)

I stuck around after BJJ, and watched the kick boxing class.  

                              Kickboxing class 




   Bae Myung-ho, Jo Nam-jin, and I


No comments:

Post a Comment