Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mario Bros. BJJ!

    Photo used with permission from Meerkatsu's blog: http://meerkat69.blogspot.kr/

I'm a huge Nintendo fan boy.  I've been obsessed ever since the NES first came out in the 80's.  I still remember begging my mother everyday in 3rd grade to buy me one.  After twenty five years, I can still recite the code in Contra to get thirty free lives:  up, up, down down, left, right, left, right,A, B, select, start.

I like to collect old school gaming consoles and games, and I have a huge NES collection back home in Austin.  Hands down, my favorite NES games of all time are Zelda and Metroid.  I'm also a huge fan of role playing games, too (Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Tales of Symphonia, Phantasy Star).  At the risk of sounding like a major loser, I'm going to admit that when I start a new Zelda or Metroid game I seldom leave the house until it is complete.  That's why I adhered to a strict "no video games" rule in college during semesters. 

                                            My Game Boy Advance SP still going strong

I saw this awesome picture on Meerkatsu's blog and thought it was pretty cool.

Super Mario Bros.

Mario-has a phenomenal, solid all around game, loves Rickson Gracie, likes to wear his Tanooki suit when grappling to create friction
Toad-super fast, technique is impeccable since he is so small

Bowser-smashing top game and a good base, ex-wrestler, usually has bad breath

Wario-"that guy", major douche bag, cranks submissions, beats up on newbies, creeps other people out at the gym with his weird behavior and moustache
Yoshi-known for using crazy guards and a lot of innovative techniques, has to be constantly reminded to remove his boots before he gets on the mat
Princess Peach-skinny and petite but badass, usually paired up with aggressive, unsuspecting meat heads that come in, so that she can hand out ass whippings
Special Mention
Donkey Kong-crazy grip strength, natural grappler with "gorilla" strength, once he gets your back it's over

 
                            Bubble Man theme from my favorite Mega Man game, Mega Man II

No comments:

Post a Comment