Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Music

Let's face it.  Good music makes rolling a lot more enjoyable.  It was hard narrowing down five artists that I prefer to listen to while I practice BJJ, but I was able to come up with a clear cut list.  It was kind of fun to do, especially since what I want to listen to when I am rolling is not exactly what I want to listen to at other times.  It was sort of similar to those, “If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you” questions.   In no particular order:

1.  Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 


You Neanderthal...yeah, you!  Make your sparring session more uplifting and become cultured all at the same time!
    
                   2009 Christmas Eve Mozart concert at St. Stephens Cathedral-Vienna, Austria                    


    Schonbrunn Palace-Vienna, Austria


2.  Gang Starr/Guru


Practice BJJ while gaining knowledge.  It′s a win win situation.

3.  The Pixies




One of the most awesome sights I ever beheld at a concert was a bunch of middle aged, balding nerds head banging, fist pumping, and singing along to Crackity Jones (some with their little kids with them) in unison.

4.  Daft Punk


I remember putting Daft Punk on in the gym one time.  In between rolls, I stopped to look around and everyone was bobbing their heads in unison unconsciously.

5.  The Ramones 




No explanation necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment