Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Road FC Busan


Finally!  Road FC is coming to Busan.  The fight card looks pretty good, and Jeff Monson is fighting!  I just happen to be a big Jeff Monson fan.  That last Road FC (Beatdown) was awesome, and almost every fight ended in a KO/TKO or submission. 

Also, I am super excited that I'm going to get a chance to see Kume Takasuke fight.
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Takasuke-Kume-21731

The guy is a B-E-A-S-T, and an awesome grappler.  I think that he is going to take the whole lightweight tournament, and after, I think he may be signed by the UFC. 



Man, one of the things I love about Korea is the convenience of just about everything.  Things are done quick and easy here.  For example, I walked in and out of a dermatologists office in less than fifteen minutes once to have a mole removed (by laser), and I didn't even have an appointment.  You can have anything delivered to your house in an instant:  fried chicken, appliances, McDonald's, beer, girls....

To be honest, when I first got here from France I was a bit suspicious of these Koreans and their "lets embrace convenience" attitude.  France is not known for timely and convenient service.  Let me repeat that.  FRANCE IS NOT KNOWN FOR TIMELY AND CONVENIENT SERVICE.  For example, say oh, your faucet breaks.  First you have to make an appointment for someone to come look at it.  Then, two weeks later, the service man comes and tells you, "Yeah, it's broken.  I'll be back in a week".  I know I have some French readers, so let me just say that  I love France, and France kicks ass (even if you guys are lazy).  

One thing I find inconvenient here are Korean on-line sites.  Usually, I buy my own stuff on-line (even though it's a pain in the ass at times) and the Korean is not a problem.  Buying a ticket for Road FC took frustrating to a whole new level.

Eventually, I figured out that there was no way in hell that I was going to be able to buy a ticket all by myself.  My boss ended up helping me out, and she was finally able to figure everything out and actually buy a ticket after twenty minutes of work.  And she is Korean!  Whew.

I got a pretty good seat one row from the front.  This is all after my instructor tells me that he can get me a ticket at half price.....

    I will kill this Korean computer!  Why?  Because it's Korean, and I'm an idiot.

                      I annoyed my boss and all I got was this lousy piece of paper-My ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment